Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fit Pregnancy: Week 14

I am now 14 weeks, and I am feeling a lot better!  Praise the Lord!!!  My energy has returned somewhat and the nausea has subsided a lot. 
 
~Diet~
Since I am not as nauseous as I had been, I can eat a little better balanced diet.  I have been trying to eat a lot of veggies and salads, but of course I may have a day where that bag of Cheetos (baked makes them healthy, right?) or Chick Fil A win out.  I actually broke down and had a Wendy's hamburger the other day.  I normally try to stay away from fast food burgers but the craving was calling and boy was it good!  I do find that I get full pretty quickly.  I remember this from my last pregnancy, but it seemed like it was a lot later on.  Trust me, I'm not complaining at all.  It's just different this time around.  

~Exercise~
I have been teaching a lot of Pump lately (3 times a week), so I haven't done much cardio lately.  Eek!  I find that it's all I can do to get through teaching a Pump class without falling on the floor.  I do have to admit I haven't gone down in weight much so it may be time to do that.  :(  It's very frustrating when a 10 lb dumbbell for a kickback seems like 100 lbs.  It's so weird that it seems so much heavier when a few weeks ago it was no problem for me.  Maybe it's because my muscles are already starting to atrophy or may be due to the lack of cardio?  Who knows?  Overall I'm still averaging 3-4 times a week at the gym.  This week I am focusing more on cardio since I've been doing a lot of weights lately.  My goal is 4-5 workouts this week but that is a lofty goal.  I'm honestly just taking it day by day, and I'm trying to be better about listening to my body.  I find that if I don't, I pay for it later. 

I have gained some weight but am holding steady right now.  I do have a little bump.  It seems to grow throughout the day.  By the time I go to bed I feel fully pregnant.

~13 Weeks~

~14 Weeks~


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment