Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Blondie Thoughts: My Tunes

Today I thought I'd share a fact about myself that most of y'all probably don't know.  I LOVE rap!  My love of a good rap beat goes back to middle school, and I still haven't outgrown a good beat bumping in my car or on my iPod.  

Back in high school some of my faves to drive around and listen to were 2Pac, Juvenile, Ying Yang, Bone Thugs (ah love me some Bone), Usher (always Usher).

When I finally got a car in high school, "Usher My Way" was the first album I played, 
and yes it was on repeat for quite some time. I can still sing every word to every song.  
Now when I hear any songs off this album I am immediately transported 
back to high school driving around in the Camry.  
I thought I was so cool!



  In college the top "CD's" I listened to were Usher (I have every one of his albums), Justin Timberlake (not rap I know but have to mention my boy), Nelly, Outkast, Ludacris, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, and as much as I hate to admit it Kanye (can't stand him now).  


This one NEVER gets old!





These days I'm not so much into hard core rap as I am a good R&B tune.  Miguel is my absolute fave right now.  Or course my #1 RnB love is and always will be U-S-H-E-R-R-A-Y-M-O-N-D!  Every once in a while a good new rap song will emerge but for me it's all old school and r&b these days.  



Some of y'all are shocked, right?!  There's just something about the beat I love.  I must say I get the best workouts in when I have my iPod turned way up with a good bumping rap song playing.  There's something very motivating about it.  Of course back in the day it was all CD's and my Disc-man, then it was iPod, and now I've recently discovered using the Pandora App on my phone.  I also recently subscribed to SiriusXM on my iPhone.  Now you can use it even if you don't have a receiver...yay!  I just love the variety and switch a lot between stations during my workout or in the car.  

What's currently on my playlist?

On my iPod:
These days my iPod is all about Les Mills.  Instructors you know what I'm talking about.  
The only time I use my iPod is when I'm teaching classes at the gym.


SiriusXM Channels I Love:
Hits 1
The Heat
Fly
80s on 8
90s on 9
The Highway
Y2Kountry
90s/2K Pop

And the reason I subscribe to SiriusXM...

Stars which has my absolute favorite morning show...

Wake Up with Taylor
 If y'all have ever listened to this show, you know what I'm talking about. 
It's kind of addictive.  Taylor and Kenny make me laugh out loud almost every day.

Pandora App Stations:

Rap Strength Training
Today's Hip Hop and Pop
Today's Hits
Today's R&B and Hip Hop
Miguel Radio
Usher Radio
Justin Timberlake Radio
Hall & Oates Radio
Kenny Chesney Radio

I've created some old favorite stations too:
2 Pac Radio 
Bone Thugs N Harmony Radio
Ying Yang Twins Radio
2000s Hip Hop Radio
90s Alternative Radio
 
Now don't get me wrong.  I am a lover of most types of music except that hard core metal punk rock.  I don't even know what you call it...I call it slit my throat music.  Anyway, it definitely depends on my mood as to what I listen to.  In the gym and when I'm in my car alone...RAP turned all the way up baby!  Yup, I'm that mom with 2 3 car seats in the back bumping down the road.  Crazy I know but that's me.  :)

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment