Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Baby Moon

Adam and I decided to take one last trip this summer (just us this time).  Where did we go?  Bet you'll never guess.  We made the short drive down to Charleston which of course is our favorite getaway.  This time we stayed in Mt. Pleasant at The Inn at I'On.  It was quite a bit cheaper than staying downtown so we decided to try it.  Let me tell you it was fabulous!  I highly recommend it if you're looking for a quiet weekend getaway.  The location is great too because you are right across the bridge from downtown Charleston and a short drive from Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms.  



Big, spacious rooms



This was a very low key trip.  It was absolutely wonderful to relax and not be on a time schedule or rushing around.  We basically ate, did a little beach and pool duty despite the 100 degree temps, relaxed, and ate some more...the perfect little getaway for a preggo mommy with toddler twins.

Speaking of eating, this time we branched out (a little) and tried a couple of new places.  

When we go to town Friday we hit up
Butcher & Bee for a late lunch.
I forgot to take a pic of our food so this is the best I can do.  
It was wonderful!  A nice change from the usual lunch fare.

Friday night we had reservations at Langdon's, which is in Mt. Pleasant and actually ended up being a minute drive from where we were staying.  Wow!  It was excellent!  Again I forgot to take pics of the food but everything we had was to die for.  I highly suggest the grouper but I'm positive you can't go wrong.

Saturday morning we woke up and leisurely enjoyed our coffee (sans kiddos) on the beautiful porch we had right off our room.  It's funny the things you used take for granted before kids. Now simple things like relaxing in the morning with a cup of coffee is a rare luxury.


We had wonderful big breakfast every morning at the inn.  Since the temps were supposed to reach near 100 Saturday, we headed out early to Sullivan's Island for a little beach time before lunch.  I have to say I enjoyed sitting and watching all the mommies run after their little ones while my butt sat in a chair and read magazines.  Again, a rare luxury.

Since we branched out on Friday for our meals, Saturday was all about tried and true favorites.  
Lunch was at Poe's of course.  If you've never been to Poe's and you are near Sullivan's Island, GO!  Hands down best burger, fish tacos, and most refreshing beer you will ever have.  Of course I couldn't partake of those ice cold brews this time but I'm already looking forward to next summer!



Mouth watering yet?

After braving the 108 degree heat index on the beach and a quick trip to the The I'On Club pool, I was ready to relax in the air conditioning.  


Saturday night we debated on whether or not to try somewhere new for dinner, but our  fave Thai spot won out yet again, Basil Thai.


Sunday morning we took a walk around the I'On neighborhood.  This is seriously the most beautiful neighborhood/community I have ever seen!  The homes are modeled after the beautiful downtown Charleston homes and what amazed me is that no two looked exactly alike.  This is a huge neighborhood too.

Beautiful, isn't it?




19 weeks belly shot


We were able to squeeze in another hour or so at the beach Sunday morning and the heat finally broke so the weather was absolutely perfect!


And yes we went back to Poe's again.  We couldn't leave without getting a burger.  We only got fish tacos the day before, ha ha.  I would be mad at myself if I didn't taste that insane burger one last time this summer.

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment