Thursday, August 28, 2014

Blondie Thoughts: It's Football Time in Tennessee

As we approach the end of August there is an excitement that starts building throughout the South.  No, not for that last beach trip, pool party, or grill out.  I'm talking college football people!  Now I live in Greenville, SC so there's a different orange here that people get excited about, but I'm a born and raised Tennessee Volunteer and my blood will always bleed TN Orange.  It's this time of year I miss Knoxville the most.  The excitement, the anticipation, the tradition, the camaraderie...you TN fans know what I'm talking about.  I mean you can't beat it.  Blame it on the pregnancy hormones but I am feeling a little nostalgic so I thought I'd share a few pics of my TN Football experiences through the years...

I was a Vol fan at a very young age.


This is where my love of TN came from...my Dad.


I met my hubby at TN.

We sit in freezing cold rain to support the Vols.

 Fun times!


There's quite a rivalry going in our family.  We have a few Gators in our midst...Sorry Hannah and Kelly y'all weren't there to represent.  Looks like the Gators are outnumbered here.  ;)

James is really outnumbered here!










My 2 lil Vol fans






Neyland Stadium.  There really are no words to describe being in this stadium.  It's definitely something everyone should experience.






If these pics leave you wanting a lil more football, check out this blog for some great tailgating recipes, tips, and stories.
Tailgating Through the South


Now who's ready for some football?!
Here's to a wonderful 2014 Football season!  
V-O-L-S, go Vols go!
    
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment