Thursday, January 30, 2014

How I Work Out

~Day4~

Quick video update to start.  
Please excuse the way I look.

I have talked a lot about diet which really is where I'm trying to make changes right now, but y'all know that working out is another huge part of being fit.  I have discovered that you can work out like crazy but if you're still eating like crap then you will never see the changes and results you want.  If you want to be healthy and fit you have to combine them...diet and exercise.  

Everyone enjoys different ways of working out.  I am going to share what I enjoy and works best for me now.  Just remember doing the same thing (which I am guilty of) all the time is fine but the only way to see results or to continue seeing results is to CHANGE IT UP!  Throw in some heavy weights every now and then or try a Pilates or yoga class.  Get out of your workout comfort zone.   Like I said, I'm preaching to the choir but it's so true.

Now here's my current regimen.

*Pump (see below): anywhere from 1-3 times a week (varies due to my teaching schedule)
*Cardio: 4-6 times a week.  I do a lot of classes (see below), spinning, or running
*Pilates: once a week (I haven recently added this one)

I tend to be a LesMills groupie.  Actually just Group Fitness in general.  I love love love it and it is what motivates me the most.  Below are quick descriptions of some of my fave classes.

BODYPUMP
This is a 60 minute barbell class that will sculpt, tone and strengthen.  It focuses on lifting low weight with high reps to some great music. This is my favorite Les Mills class.  It's amazing!


BODYATTACK
This is a high energy aerobics based class which combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises.  If you want to burn some serious calories and feel like you're going to puke by the end, this is the class for you!


BODYCOMBAT
This class is inspired by mixed martial arts and draws from karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi, and muay thai.  This class helps relieve a lot of stress for me.  Something about feeling like you're beating someone up is very therapeutic.  Oh and I absolutely love the music in this class!


CXWORX
Only 30 minutes, this class focuses on the torso and sling muscles that connect your upper body to your lower body.  Perfect for tightening the tummy and butt while improving functional strength and assisting in injury prevention.

I also throw in spinning once weekly or every other week.  Right now I'm spinning a lot since I can't run outside.  I will be back to running when the weather warms up.  :)

I will leave you with a few pics from Sportsclub's Super Launch last Saturday.
Thanks Ben Robi for taking these amazing pics.
Always a fun time!







XOXO
Sarah Marie

No comments :

Post a Comment