Friday, January 31, 2014

Guidelines for Eating Clean

~Day 5~

Quick video update...

Today I want to share my new way of eating which really isn't much different from what I normally do.  Just adding in a few more veggies, fruit, and protein and getting rid of sugar and unnecessary carbs.

I'm obsessed with this book by Jackie Warner.  I know I've mentioned it before but I agree with everything she says and am learning so much.  It really has helped me to have her lay it all out.  I mean I've heard this stuff for years so it's nothing new but something about seeing it laid out is so helpful.

 

It's so simple really...

For 5 days you adhere to the diet below and then you get 2 days where you can have 2 cheat meals that are 1500 calories or less each.  You can have that glass of wine or cocktail as a part of your cheat meal and you can even throw in some dessert. ;)  In my experience I feel that it is completely necessary to have something to look forward to each week.  I am a total foodie and giving up all my food loves completely just isn't an option.  There is nothing wrong with indulging within reason.  It helps keep you on track too if you know you're going to get that burger at the end of the week.

Daily:
*I'm not going to go into great detail but this gives you a general idea.
Check out Jackie's book if you want specifics.

1. Protein: 4 4oz servings
-Fish
-Lean Poultry
-Lean meat (lean cuts of beef or pork)
-Low Fat Dairy (no cow's milk)
-Eggs
-Beans
-Whey Protein

2. Carbohydrates
-Veggies (3 cups)
-Fruits (2 whole fruits)
-Grains (2 1-cup servings)

3. Fats: 1 Serving (Pick one)
-2 tbsp oil
-1/4 cup nuts or seeds
-1/4 avocado

4. Beverages
-3 liters of lemon water
-Decaf green tea or herbal tea
(Although I will say I do have to have my 1/2 cup of coffee every morning.
Not going to give that up.)

Pretty straightforward right?
I mean isn't this we've been taught since elementary school?


XOXO
Sarah Marie

No comments :

Post a Comment