Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Week in Knoxville

Hey guys!  The boys and I had a wonderful visit with my parents in Knoxville this week.  It was so nice to have a change of scenery, some help with the boys, and some time to myself.  :)  I am so blessed to have parents that are willing and able to help out so much with the boys and give me some much needed time off.  I enjoyed being able to relax and read, go to the gym sans boys, get a pedicure (my treat every time I come to K-town), and do a little shopping with no little ones to tend to.  We also took the boys to the pool one day.  They still aren't sure of the water.  They would rather run around the pool.  If y'all have any suggestions of how to keep them contained, I would love to hear them.  These little ones love their freedom.  I tried to build a lounge chair fort to contain them but that didn't seem to work for very long.  I hope one day soon I will be able to handle them at the pool by myself.  As of right now, it's just too much.  I was very grateful to have an extra set of hands (Mom).  :)

Mom tried to introduce Van to the mushroom waterfall.  


 How cute is my mom?  She looks like a little teenager.  

The makeshift fort.  Don't mind Eli eating the sunscreen...

 Off to find trouble...

Mom put Van to work cleaning ;)


 I actually had time to wash and straighten my hair AND put on makeup.  It felt so great! Y'all this is a rare occurrence for me.  Especially during the week.  I know sad, right?  



On another note...Knoxville has a Forever 21.  Who doesn't love shopping trendy items at cheap price points?  I picked up a few items that can go into Fall. They have an extensive website too but am a bit overwhelmed by it.  Plus I do like to try on their clothes for sizing.  Forever 21 is the perfect store for purchasing trendy items since you won't invest a lot in them.

I wish you could feel the fabric of this top. It's so soft, and I just love the animal print.  I will wear this top with skinnies or shorts. I will add a jacket or cardi once the weather turns cooler.

This black sheer blouse is a great transitional piece.  I love that they have it paired with animal print skinnies.  You can leave it tucked out or tuck it in for a more tailored look.  I will add a colored belt for added pop.  

I couldn't find the exact blouse I bought, but here is a similar one.

This striped high low dress caught my eye.  I've been seeing a lot of the high low style and decided to try it on just to see...well, I ended up loving it.  This dress can easily be dressed up or down.  I will throw a denim jacket over it for fall.



I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I will leave you with a view of the mountains from our drive.


~Sarah Marie~

No comments :

Post a Comment