Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fit Pregnancy: 23 Week Update

It's been a while since I've posted about my fitness journey while pregnant.  Mainly because I haven't been working out exactly like I would like.  In all honesty we've had a rough past few weeks.  Eli was sick one week so we were housebound, then Van got it the next week and the week after we had a few hiccups and were trying to get into our new school routine.  I feel like we are FINALLY getting back on track and into a good rhythm.  Let's just hope it stays that way.

Even though the past few weeks have been a little crazy, I've managed to average 3-4 workouts a week even if it's just a quick jog/walk or some intervals on the treadmill.  I am still teaching Pump which varies week to week but on average I teach 1-3 times a week.  If I have a light teaching week, I try to at least take a Pump class or get some other sort of weight training in.  This week I actually found my way back into the weight room and did a quick upper body blast (10-12 reps of heavier weight than normal).  I wasn't sure if I could still lift what I normally do but was kind of surprised when I could.  Of course if anything feels weird, I would stop immediately but my body seemed to respond well.  Guess that goes to show Pump keeps you in better shape than you think.  


I had backed off a bit on the high intensity cardio but found myself teaching half of a BodyAttack class this past weekend due to an instructor not showing up.  I'm not going to lie I was a little nervous about it since I hadn't taught Attack in months and haven't even attended a class since I've been pregnant...eek!  I had just taught Pump too, but guess what?!  My body didn't miss a beat.  I'm not planning on doing that very often, but it did feel good!  Doing Attack is rare, but I am still taking Combat, Spinning, and running/walking a few times a week.  Even if I'm feeling icky, I find that a little bit of movement does help.  

Let's be honest though, I have many days I feel like crap and am totally exhausted and frankly just don't feel like working out.  I am growing bigger by the day and can feel all that weight weighing me down.  I am starting to have lower back pain which I did with the boys.  I try to take it easy when I can but those moments are few and far between these days.  I usually crash one day on the weekend and let Adam take over so I can rest.  

Diet: I am not by any means a picture of a healthy pregnancy diet.  This is how I look at it.  This is my last pregnancy.  I'm going to be hungrier than normal and put on weight anyway, so I might as well enjoy it and oh boy have I been enjoying it!  Don't get me wrong, I do try to eat healthy too.  I'm just not worrying myself to death over every little thing that goes into my mouth.  I could definitely be a little healthier but I could also be a lot unhealthier too.   

This is what I eat most days for lunch.  
I try to incorporate some sort of veggie into all of my meals.


But this is what I give into on the weekends (sometimes during the week too)...
Much like with the boys I crave hamburgers and french fries.  
Let's be honest, I crave them not pregnant too.  It's just an excuse to eat them more often! ;)

  
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment