Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Working with What You Have

As many of you know, I am a bit of a shopaholic.  I do love to shop and am a sucker for a sale.  Recently I have decided that I'm not going to buy anything unless it's absolutely necessary.  That brings me to the title of my post...Working with What you Have.  

Step 1:  Purge  
I went through my closet and got rid of anything I haven't worn in a year or so.  I made piles 
a) to sell on my blog click here for post, consignment, or eBay 
b) Goodwill 
c) give to friends or family

Step 2: What's left?  
Now that the extra stuff taking up space is gone, I can really take a good look at what I have to work with. 
 
Step 3:  Put together different outfits.  
I was actually surprised at how many different outfits I could put together with a few key pieces.  Think outside of the box and mix and match.  


Here are my key pieces for Summer:
Maxi dress
Tanks and tees to pair with shorts 
(I buy knit tops cheap at Old NavyTarget, or Forever 21)
Bright chino shorts
White skinny jeans 
Cut-off denim shorts (I've had a pair for 6 years that I love) 
Similar Version
 Sundress
Wedge
Cute, comfy flats

These few key pieces can be mixed and matched for several different summer wardrobe options.  
Throw in some fun accessories and you're set!

Shop this post:


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment