Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 1 of "From Flat to All That"

Most of y'all may have seen on Facebook, but I am trying a new 12 week strength training program by Jamie Eason.  I have never done anything like this before so I will be interested to see what changes occur in my body.  The basis of Jamie Eason's program is to build muscle predominantly in the legs, booty and core.  The exercises are performed in circuits therefore getting the heart rate up and eliminating the need for excessive cardio.  This will be the kicker for me.  The first few weeks is all about the weights.  It will be hard for me to reduce the cardio because I love it, but I am going to try to adhere to the program as best I can.  Unfortunately I cannot stick to the program 100% because I am still teaching Pump.  I don't want to over-train, so I will have to modify my days somewhat.  I wanted to start when Jamie did last Monday but due to my class schedule I am 2 days behind.  I started last Wednesday and completed Circuit 1 on Wednesday and Circuit 2 on Thursday.


Here's the link to the program if you are interested in checking it out!
 
From Flat to All That

I have decided to keep track of my progress via my blog.  I plan to post an update weekly, but as y'all know sometimes I rarely have a minute to sit down so that may not happen but I will try!

Please excuse the chopped videos.
I have used up all of my storage on my phone and kept trying to delete some things so I could get my points across but it didn't quite work out.  
Here is what I have.  Take what you will from it.
Day 1



Post Workout



Day 2

 I ended up doing the 2nd workout at home.  I modified by doing underhand grip rows instead of the lat pull-downs, standing dumbbell curls instead of incline, and overhead extensions instead of tricep rope push-downs.  I actually felt like I got a better workout on day 2.  I think it was because I was able to keep it moving quicker and I was a little more accurate with my weight selection.  I do wish I had been able to go heavier on the deadlifts but I plan on doing them in the gym next time.  My hammies were still sore so I must have done something.



The main reason I didn't make it to the gym was this little guy. 
It's great to have the option to get a quick one in at home.


 I am tracking my progress so here's my Week 1 flex pic...



*Please note that I didn't get the 2nd 2 days of the circuits in due to the holiday and my pump schedule.  I have really only completed half of the first week and I already have noticed changes.  Crazy!



Anyone else doing this program?  I would love to hear from you!  
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment