Monday, June 29, 2015

Losing the Baby Weight

Ok y'all!  Here it is.  I have kept going back and forth on whether or not to post these pics, but I think they are a great visual to show the transformation post baby.  I work pretty hard to try to stay in shape, so I feel good about sharing my progress on loosing the baby weight thus far.  Let me just say that I still have work to do and could clean up my diet some more but overall I try to eat pretty healthy during the week.  I do love my supplements and protein too!  It took me about 5 months to get back to my  pre-pregnancy weight.  I really feel working out and continuing to teach Pump while I was pregnant helped a lot post par-tum.  Running after twin toddler helps too. ; )  I am feeling good and back to myself again.  Yay!

My post baby regimen:

Workouts
I honestly don't get to work out as often as I like (obviously these kiddos require a lot of me) but when I do get to the gym I make the most of it.  I have really been trying to listen to my body. If I haven't slept or don't feel up to it, I don't do it.  I have been teaching a lot of Pump which is pretty much all I have been doing lately.  I average 2-3 pumps or weight training a week and 1-2 cardio workouts.  I really want to step up the cardio but never seem to be able to make it that 5th day.  I hope to add some more cardio back in soon.  Right now building muscle is more important to me.  Since time is so precious, I recently started doing my own cardio/weight training workouts (bascially HIIT).  I try to combine both.  It seems to work well and I feel like I've really utilized my time in the gym efficiently.  I am still not where I want to be but considering all I have going on, I am pleased with my progress thus far.  Right now it's all about staying as fit as I can so I can keep up with my kiddos and basically survive.  I have to be healthy to keep up the pace I am going.  The piece that's missing is more sleep (I like to sleep at least 8 hours a night) but B is doing much better about sleeping at night!  Yay!

Diet
Y'all know it's all about diet!  I cannot stress enough how clean eating helps absolutely everything!  On the days I cheat I feel so much more lethargic and tired than the days I eat healthy.  My goal is protein at every meal, eat as many whole foods I can (limit processed as much as possible), and strive for 5-6 fruits and veggies (veggie heavy) daily.  I suck down lemon water like nobody's business!

Supplements
My supplements right now consist of a prenatal vitamin (still taking prenatal).  I'm not breastfeeding anymore but I swear they help my nails and hair.  I also take a probiotic, Krill Oil (I replaced my Omega 3 with this), and Advocare Catalyst (amino acids).  

Ok, deep breath...here they are..

~3 Weeks Postpartum~







~7 Weeks Postpartum~






~8 Weeks Postpartum~





~10 Weeks Postpartum~









~14 Weeks Postpartum~








~4 Months Postpartum~




~5 Months Postpartum~






Y'all know I love fitness and nutrition.  I could talk about it all day.  Please feel free to comment or message me with any questions, tips, etc.  


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment