Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pregnancy Thoughts...3 Weeks Out

I am nearing the end of my pregnancy.  I have 3 weeks left to go unless this little guy decides he wants to make an earlier appearance.  It has flown by but has seemed like forever at the same time.  I still can't believe I'm going to have another little nugget!  I have moments where I am freaking out and don't really know how I'm going to take care of 3.  I also feel very blessed and am anxious to meet this little one.  I have the nursery complete now and feel ready for the most part but are you ever really ready?  I just love walking in his room and looking at all the baby clothes and teeny tiny diapers.  On the other hand I am dreading the lack of sleep and feeding what seems like around the clock.  I know we will survive as we did last time!
Even though I am just carrying one, this pregnancy has definitely been harder!  I think it may have something to do with having to keep up with twin toddlers.  ; )  You can't just lay around as much as you want and put your feet up.  Thank the Lord for my wonderful hubby Adam.  He has been so great at taking over the boys once he gets home from work so I can rest.  Let's be honest he doesn't have a choice most nights because I have x's over my eyes and can barely make complete sentences I am so tired.  I did pretty good until 3rd trimester but am slowing down by the day it seems.

Fitness
Y'all know I love a good workout.  I did take the month of December off from teaching.  At first I thought I could still teach and I probably could have, I just didn't want to be tied down to teaching just in case the babe came early or I physically couldn't do it.  My pregnancy with the boys was quite different since it was a very high risk situation.  I had to take it a lot easier so this time around I am trying to stay active as long as I can.  I am averaging 3 workouts a week.  I use the term "workout" loosely because it's usually a walk outside or on the treadmill (hate!), riding the bike at the gym, or a pump class.  Although I did make it to a combat class this week but had to make a few modifications.  I also did a step class last week and it felt great!  Even 8 months pregnant there's nothing like moving your body and sweating a little bit to make you feel better all around.  You just have to know your body and your limits.  I am a firm believer in the power of exercise.  That being said, I am so looking forward to getting back to lifting heavy, high impact classes, and running!

My puny lil muscles at 34.5 weeks.  Muscle atrophy...sad.

And the belly...I think I see someone else lurking too...


Nutrition (or lack thereof) and Weight Gain
My taste has been off this pregnancy.  I really haven't craved anything out of the ordinary.  Honestly I don't even crave the foods I normally do.  I usually just eat to eat and a lot of time it's whatever I can grab quickly.  I eat a lot a lot of sandwiches.  I will admit to eating a lot more sugar this pregnancy.  My sweet tooth wasn't as strong with the boys but this time around it is!  It may be more of a comfort thing but I have enjoyed some sort of sweet almost everyday.  It's my treat to myself once the boys are down and I can relax.  I am enjoying it now because once the babe comes it's back to my almost no sugar diet.  Other than the sweets, I eat pretty healthy I guess.  I do indulge on the weekends.  Y'all know about my weekly burger and fries.  I also eat a lot of Chick Fil A.  I blame the boys for that one, ha.  I am by no means the picture of a healthy pregnancy diet, but I could be doing a whole lot worse.  Plus this is my last pregnancy so I am going to enjoy!

I have gained a little over 20 lbs.  Trust me, it seems like so much more!  It may be due to the fact that I lost muscle.  I dunno.  With the boys I gained around 30-35 lbs but there were 2 of them, I laid around a lot more, couldn't workout towards the end, and had a lot less stress.


Lil B
We do have a name picked out...finally.  And yes it does start with a B.  I've been calling him "Lil B" short for Little Boy.  I have a feeling this one may be a little spoiled.  His is my last baby and there is just one of him which is a new concept for me, ha ha.  I know his older brothers will look out for him, and I will be super overprotective.  The boys always have each other.  This little guy is on his own.  Does that make sense?  I know he's already a tough little guy though.  Having endured all the kicks and jumps to my belly from the boys (not really that many) but I still have to lift the boys, fight them to get dressed, and carry them around sometimes.  Having a big belly tends to make those things a little harder.  He is so active.  I feel him kick constantly!  The boys weren't as active, but I am guessing that would be due to the fact that they psychically couldn't move, ha.  I still don't know how I carried 2.  Lil B is jam packed in there as it is.


35 weeks






post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment