Thursday, December 4, 2014

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Christmas has arrived at our house!  I resisted the urge to put up decorations way before Thanksgiving but we are now finally decorated!  I have to admit this year we borrowed one of my in-laws artificial trees (gasp!) just to make things a bit easier this year.  This is the first year since we've been married that we haven't had a real tree.  As much as I love a real tree, it was so much easier not have to go get it, tie it up on the car, get it in the house, clean up all the needles, etc.  I am quite pleased with the result too.  It looks beautiful!  I'm sure we will go back to a real tree in the future but I am loving my "faux" tree this year. Pop in a Christmas Tree scented plug-in and it's almost as if it were real.  I even sprayed it down with some Glade Christmas tree scent.  Y'all know I love things to smell good!

The boys love all the lights.  They were thrilled when I turned it on for the first time and it lit up.



I did add a touch of live greenery on our mantel.  Thank you overgrown backyard shrubs.  I would love to find some magnolia leaves or boxwood to put on it instead but don't think that's going to happen this year.




Our entryway


The dining room



Christmas Cheer anyone?



The Nutcrackers and Mr. Snowman "watch" the boys while they eat.



We also have added a new little friend to our Christmas this year...

Meet Jingle or Jingle Bells as the boys call him.  You better believe I mention Jingle every time the boys start to whine or misbehave.  I'm still not sure if they understand it completely though.



Remember Santa's always watching!
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment