Thursday, February 20, 2014

I'm Back!

Hey y'all!  Sorry it's been so long.  Truth time...I've had a few hiccups the past couple of weeks and I'm embarrassed to say I haven't adhered to my "eat clean" diet the way I should.  I was sick a couple of weeks ago.  Then we had a big snow last week so we were stuck in for a few days.  I mean what else are you going to do but eat when you're stuck inside, especially with 2 little ones?  I like food way too much!  Anyway, I could definitely tell a difference when I wasn't eating as clean.  I didn't feel good at all.  My energy was low and I just felt ick!  

I am back on the wagon, so to speak, this week.  I am not being as strict as I was the first week or so, but am still getting my 2 fruits, 3 veggies, 4 servings of protein (1 whey protein shake included).  I am still avoiding sugar during the week for the most part.  I did indulge in a little bit of ice cream last night though.  The hardest thing for me is the carbs.  According to the book I read, you should only eat 2 servings of whole grains, but I've found I need more to help me get through my day.  I've been eating 3-4 servings a day.  Probably not the best but it helps keep me from starving to death.  

I have started taking the Amino Acid L-Glutamine this week.  It's supposed to help with protein synthesis which in turn helps with performance and building muscle among other things.  I've never taken it before so I'm curious to see if it makes a difference. 

I will leave y'all with a video update...  


xoxo
Sarah Marie

No comments :

Post a Comment