Saturday, February 8, 2014

End of Week 2

Hey guys!  Quick update after week 2.  It was kinda a bust.  Not totally but like I said earlier in the week, I got a cold that really threw me off for some reason.  I ate clean Monday but just ate a lot.  I was starving but that was partly due to double gym time.  My next post is going to be about calorie intake and figuring out how many you need to take in.  Tuesday was fine but Wednesday was a disaster.  I was feeling rough and was stuck in the house all day with the boys.  I started feeling sorry for myself because I was sick and wanted some comfort food.  What do I reach for?  Yup sugar!  Unfortunately I had somehow missed throwing away the Toaster Strudels in the freezer.  FAIL!  

I had a major uh oh moment and was pissed at myself after.  It's so not worth it but why do I crave that sugar and comfort food?  Because it's like a drug...really.  I blame the cold this time.  Anyway I was very disappointed in myself but you just pick up where you left off.  Thursday was a little better but I had a carb binge in the afternoon since I didn't eat any with my lunch.  Remember this is about discovering what works best for me because everyone is different.  So I am discovering that I have to eat carbs at lunch especially after a hard workout.  I have found if I don't I end up binging anyway.  Even though I got off track a few days, I still got in my 4 proteins, 2 fruits, 3 veggies, and 2 whole grains.
By the way, I am loving my daily protein smoothies!  

Some of my fave recipes:

1 scoop strawberry protein (yum by the way)
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
Handful of spinach
Handful of frozen berries (blueberries or strawberries or both!)
2 ice cubes
~
1 scoop chocolate protein
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of oats (optional)
2 ice cubes


Honestly I haven't felt great this week but that's because I've been sick.  Oh and I have been sleeping terribly!  On the bright side, I did lose another pound.  WHAT?!  I know crazy, right?  I hope it's fat and not muscle.  I have been doing more weights lately so hopefully not.  This weekend I plan to keep it cleaner than I normally would since I already had a cheat sugar meal this week and added in some extra carbs.  I still may indulge in 1 cheat meal.  I'm not sure yet. 

Now it's time to hit the gym!


Hope y'all have a great weekend and stay healthy!!  

xoxo 
Sarah Marie

No comments :

Post a Comment