Monday, February 22, 2016

Booty Work

The reason I go to the gym is because it is the only thing (besides a glass of wine) that keeps me sane.  I love my boys more than anything but I do not get many breaks from being a mommy so the gym is MY time.  It helps me feel like a normal person for an hour.  I also love challenging my body in new ways.
As you know I am pursuing the weight room with a vengeance to see how my body reacts to heavy lifting.  So far the results have gone beyond my expectations and I have only scratched the surface of my workouts. I am excited to see the increases in my weight each week and changes in my body.  I also like feeling like a "Strong Mommy"! 
 
I have done the leg workout below twice in the past 2 weeks.  I plan to change it up just a bit next week.  I plan to keep changing it up so my workouts don't get stale.  On a good week I get 4 workouts in (2 of which are Pump and another class I teach).  Let's be honest in an ideal world I would workout 5-6 times, but these days that just ain't happening.  I really want to build my booty, so no matter what I'm trying to get my leg workout in each week.  I have been rotating back, shoulders, and arms the other time.  More on those in a later post.  Today it's all about that BOOTY...
*I have linked each exercise below to a demonstration on technique if you are interested.
Warm-up: 10 minutes on the treadmill (walk on 13% incline or jog)
50ish air squats to get the blood flowing in the legs
1. Barbell Squats
3x8-10 (light to moderate weight)
3x5 (heavy weight)







I was so proud of myself because this week I got up to 155 pounds on squats. It's amazing how quickly you can go up in weight.



2. Narrow Smith Machine squats super-set with curtsy lunges holding a weight:
4x10-12
3. Dumbbell Step Ups (I use a bench):
4x10 each side
4. Sideways Leg Press (I got this move from Buff Bunny):
4x6-8
My legs are really about done at this point but if I have any steam left, I do a quick Sumo Squat drop set holding a heavy dumbbell.
If I have time, I will throw in some abs at the end too.
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment