Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Confessions and Weekend Update


A lot of bloggers post Friday confessions, but I am a little late so I am combining our weekend update with "Monday" confessions.  First of all, we had a very nice but busy weekend.  It's still so hard to get everything done with the boys, but I think we do pretty good considering.  Our weekend started off Saturday morning with BodyPump.  After the gym, we did our weekly shopping at Publix family style, came home and all took naps.  We had plans of going to the neighborhood pool after naps, but by the time the boys woke up we didn't have enough time to get everyone ready, pack, load everything, etc.  Plus it is exhausting to take the boys to the pool even with 2 of us.  Instead we filled up the kiddie pool and played in the backyard redneck style.  Honestly, I think I prefer the backyard kiddie pool because the boys can run around without me trying to keep up with them going in 2 different directions.


 How cute are those little tushes?!

Lately we've been very fortunate to have a date night weekly, but this is not the norm.  I wish it was!  We had a sitter come Saturday night, so Adam and I headed to Roost, a new restaurant downtown, for happy hour.  We ended up at Nantucket after that for more drinks (ha) and apps.  It was such a perfect evening to sit outside, relax, and enjoy it being light so late.  Sunday we finally made it to church, well Sunday School, woo hoo!  I don't know why it's so hard to get everyone ready and get there, but it is!  After church we did a family Costco run, grabbed lunch, came home and napped again.  I got some "me" time Sunday afternoon and went to the pool by MYSELF!  Thank you Adam!  It was another great weekend, but boy do they fly by!  I can't believe it's Monday already. 

Now onto my confessions...

  • I've eaten terribly this past week.  I had been doing so good, well semi good about eating clean, but this past week that was not the case.  I have to get back on my clean eating regimen.  I felt terrible last week and have napped every day because I am so exhausted.  I know my diet has everything to do with it.  I am having trouble finding a good balance with all the activity I do.  Monday...a new beginning, right?

  • I need a break from the boys every now and then.  I go strong for a while, but I get so run down.  I crave time alone and a break from the constant work.  I have decided I have to schedule time for myself on the weekends when Adam is around to help.  I am bad about trying to do too much.  Please tell me I'm not alone in this.  Do y'all get as run down as I do?

  • I DVRed (not sure that's a word) all the Real Housewives of Orange County re-runs they have been showing on Bravo.  I may have watched several episodes in a row instead of working last week.  I still have 14 episodes to go.  :)  I know it really is crap TV but I love it!  I can relax and zone out watching these crazy women.  


  • Nothing makes me happier than a clean, organized house.  I am constantly trying to figure out ways to make it more organized and de-clutter.  I HATE clutter but for some reason we have a ton of it.  Guess I better get over that with 2 boys, huh?!

  • I just realized my front left speaker in my car is buzzing.  Shoot, another busted speaker!   I have busted a speaker out in almost every car I've ever had...oops!  I swear I don't try to do this.  Maybe an investment in a good sub might be helpful?  When the boys aren't in the car, the music is blasting.  I clearly blast it too loud and yes, I love rap.  I just love bass and a good beat.  ;)

Hope y'all have a great week!






No comments :

Post a Comment