Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Much Needed Night Out

Nights out are few and far between these days especially with all this sickness.  When my mom came down to help, the hubs and I jumped at the chance to have a night out.  The cold and rain was not going to keep us away from our favorite sushi restaurant downtown.   I thought I would share the budget outfit I wore with y'all.  You don't have to spend a ton of money to wear fashionable clothes.  I have a few tricks I use when shopping for fashion forward pieces at a fraction of the cost. 

 So excited about my Velvet top!  I tried this exact top on in a boutique where it was rather pricey.  I loved it, but just couldn't bring myself to pay full retail price for it.  I came home and was lucky enough to find it on eBay.  (This doesn't always happen).  I couldn't believe I found the same top in the color I liked for a fraction of the retail price.  eBay is a great resource if you have the time to really search for a good buy.  I do use eBay a lot to shop for designer/name brand items that I don't want to spend a ton of money on.  You may have luck on eBay or I have linked a similar top below if you are interested.  My Citizens skinny black leggings were also a great buy.  I found them at a boutique in Charleston on sale for a fraction of the price.  I always shop boutique sales for out of season clothes.  Many of my favorite items have come from shopping boutique sales.  You would be amazed at how much clothes can be marked down.  I have had these pants/leggings for a couple of years and am excited I finally fit back into them due to pregnancy and post baby weight.  I will link a similar pair below. 


 I know you can't see my booties in the pics above, but they were another fabulous buy.  I found them at a little shoe store in Kingsport, TN that sells name brands at a low price.  If you can find one of these stores close to you, shop often!  It's hit or miss, but you will find some GREAT buys on name brands when you hit it right.  I love them because they add a little sparkle on a dreary, winter night. 


It's hard to see, but my monogram necklace is done in my boys' initials:
 
And of course I have to put a pic of the fabulous sushi we had at Koji! 
Kanpai!

No comments :

Post a Comment