Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Shopping?

Hey guys!  Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. Of course I couldn't pass up an opportunity to talk about my favorite hobby on the biggest shopping week of the year!  I must be honest though I've been feeling a little overwhelmed about Christmas this year.  I blame all the constant, in your face advertising.  Everywhere you turn it's buy this, sale here, sale there, you must shop shop shop, do do do!  I swear there must be something subliminally in those ads that makes your heart beat a little faster and start to sweat a bit.  Anyway, I'm fed up with it even though I am a shopaholic.  I think we all need to take a step back, breathe, and remember what it is all about.  I am mainly speaking to myself, ha ha.  It's very easy to go overboard.  Why?  We spend time, energy, and money trying to find the perfect gift when in all actuality, is it even needed?  So I've been thinking...instead of buying crap that we don't even need, how about spending that time and energy on helping someone in real need?  I write this after I've already done most of my shopping because Heaven Forbid I wait until December to actually start Christmas shopping.  Point is next year I plan on getting together with my family and putting our money toward those who really need it.  There are many wonderful organizations that you can help others.  Samaritan's Purse is one of my favorites.
Here's the link if you want to check it out:

They have the option to help repair a child's cleft lip, buy a goat for a family that needs milk,  or you can donate to Operation Heal Our Patriots.  Now that is a great way to spend your money during the Christmas season.  

Having said that of course the kiddos have taken top priority for Christmas.  I am so excited this year because the boys will understand a little more about it.  I also have done most of my shopping for the boys.  I thought I'd share my finds with y'all...

Land of Nod is offering 15% off plus free shipping through Dec. 2!
Enter code SAVE15 at checkout.


I used coupons and Black Friday discounts to my advantage from JCPenney, Kohl's, and Amazon



Costco is also a great place to buy toys.  Great prices!

As you can see Santa has just about completed his work for the boys.
Now, we have to decide what Santa brings and what they get for their birthday.
Yes, double whammy for us. :)


~Sarah Marie~



1 comment :